[Wiskidsdv] [Resources] People with Disabilities

Cody Warner codyw at endabusewi.org
Thu Dec 8 06:49:32 PST 2016

Hello Everyone,
I received an email from someone that wanted me to share these resources for people with disabilities. They also shared one story of how their cousin, Sara, shared her perspective with them.
Hi,

My cousin Sara, who has down syndrome, catches me off-guard with her charmingly unique observations sometimes. My most recent favorite: “The sky look so soft today, I wish I could just lie in it all day!” She helps me look at the world differently and find beauty in new ways. I love spending the day with her and hearing her thoughtful insight into life and the universe.
 So often “disability” has a negative connotation, but it has been a wonderful gift for my family. Yet despite the fact that nearly 1 in 5<https://www.census.gov/newsroom/releases/archives/miscellaneous/cb12-134.html> Americans has a disability, Sara and her family have repeatedly told me what a challenge it is to find relevant information and support for their needs. I want to change that. I hope you’ll support my cause by sharing these helpful, modern disability resources.
 Disability Accommodation Cost Guides<http://www.homeadvisor.com/cost/disability-accommodation/>
 Personal Finance Guide for People with Disabilities<http://www.calculators.org/savings/people-with-disabilities.php>
 8 Steps for Learning Disabled Students Who Want to Go to College<http://www.usnews.com/education/articles/2010/12/02/8-steps-for-learning-disabled-students-who-want-to-go-to-college>
 34 Great Jobs for People with Disabilities<http://www.trade-schools.net/careers-for-people/who-are-disabled.asp>
 Autism and Addiction: Coping with and Treating Your Dual Diagnosis<http://www.iaddiction.com/addiction/autism-addiction-coping-treating-dual-diagnosis/>
 Travel Tips for Workers with Disabilities<https://www.monster.com/career-advice/article/travel-tips-for-workers-with-disabilities>
 The Guide to Securing Life-long Accommodations for Adult Children With Special Needs<https://www.redfin.com/blog/2016/04/the-guide-to-securing-life-long-accommodations-for-adult-children-with-special-needs.html>
 Types of Service Dogs<http://caninesforkids.org/service-dogs/>

Thanks for your support!

 Sincerely,
 Caroline

Caroline Hampton
http://openeducators.org | carolinehampton at openeducators.org<mailto:carolinehampton at openeducators.org>
500 Westover Dr #9372 | Sanford, NC | 27330